Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Balloon Overload!

For the enjoyment of my followers, yes all four of you, I woke up at 5:30 this morning to drive out to Hamilton lake for the hot air balloon festival.  With my toes a-freezing and fingers a-shivering, I managed to get some great photos.  I also got postcards so I promise to send those out shortly!  Anyways, this three day festival features hot air balloons from across the world, and today they took off at 6:00 am.  And yes, I was there right there from the beginning!  Plus, the first 2,000 people got free breakfast! Who can say no to that?  The balloons will be on campus later, so hopefully there will be close up photos coming soon :) Enjoy!














1 comment:

  1. Hey Megan:
    Good morning!!!
    Great pictures and documentary.
    My wife, Carol, and I hitch-hiked for a month throughout New Zealand in 1988 and loved the country and the people. Enjoy your upcoming trip to Australia ... great people there also!
    Keep enjoying the adventure :>)
    Take care,
    Dr. H :>)

    ReplyDelete