Sunday, April 17, 2011

the adventure has begun!

Kia Ora from the Auckland Airport :) We spent yesterday and today walking around Auckland and had our first experience at a hostel!  Today we found an almost all day harbour tour for only $30!  We got to see Auckland from the water and then hike around one of the many gorgous isalnds along the bay.  When we returned, it was just in time to miss the rain and see the most incredible rainbow!  It's hard to believe that in two days I will be hiking a glacier and that only a week later I will be on the beaches of Australia!  Thanks to Elizabeth's and mine great planning everything is coming off without a hitch!  We are racking up the souveniers and postcards, so stay on my good side if you want the good stuff!  Hopefully the next few hostels will have skype abilities becasue I am looking forward to seeing everybody's faces and telling you all about my crazy experiences!  Well I am off to pass through security, wish me luck :) love and hugs, megan

No comments:

Post a Comment